I have called Crestview my home for the past three years! This city will always have a special place in my heart. There is so much development, with more and more coming into the area! New Crestview commons will be here soon, bringing an Aldi, five and below, Texas Roadhouse, and much more. There are talks in the town that the old downtown movie theater will become a rooftop bar. Crestview is the new place to be in, and many are moving into the wonderful city! Try a few of my favorite locations, and let me know what you love and the new places you discover!
- Blackwater Golf Club – 15 Bays and 18 Holes. This Gold Course just went through a makeover and reopened in 2022. Freshen up your golf skills and take a tour. A great time to spend with friends and family and on your own!
- Twin Hills Park – A beautiful 24-acre park equipped with a playground, water park, tennis courts, dog park, and more. My favorite part of this park is packing a bag with sandwiches, drinks, and a blanket to create a picnic to enjoy the views of the water and ducks! Don’t forget to bring corn, oats, rice, and birdseed to feed the birds before leaving!
- Emerald Coast Zoo – One of my local family-owned zoos within minutes from downtown CV. There are many animal encounters where you can Pet a Sloth, Hold a Monkey, Feed Giraffes, and Love a Bear!
- Palma’s Asian Food Truck – This food truck absolutely has the best tacos in the area. I have not tasted anything better at any other Mexican restaurant within a 40-mile radius. Try the Birria tacos, gyoza, and banana lumpia! 😋
- Hot Kim Chi – At this point, I am gonna say it. I just love food! This family-owned business knows how to make Korean food! Not just food. Deserts as well! Try the Korean-fired chicken, Spicy Beef Bulgogi, and whatever new dessert they whipped up that day (they are constantly changing)!
- Pounders Hawaiian Grill – Hawaiian Food Exceptional! I like to order the Pounders meal with Steak, Chicken, and Kalua Pig, with 2 scoops of rice and 3 macaroni salads! This is my usual meal, and there is left over for tomorrow or later that night!
- Wild Olive – Date night, anniversary, or celebrating any event. There is always a good reason to go to Wild Olive! This location is family owned and has a seasonal menu that is always changing. I wish you could try the Brussels spots, Asian spring salad, and the crusted Salman. But it may be gone and not available again till next year. Everything is good! Your taste buds are gonna have a blast! 💚
- Lou Lou Beans Gift Shop – Not sure where to go for beautiful baskets and personalized gifts for your significant other, a friend, or a family member? Lou Lou Customizes it all for you! They have such beautiful gift ideas and items for every occasion!
- Crestview Commons – Aldi, Ulta, Marshall’s, Five Below, Burlington’s Coat Factory, and Chili’s are Set to open in 2023.
- Downtown Crestview – Many stores to shop including local artisan galleries, local restaurants, beautiful old structures with paintings of advertisements in the 90s, and my favorite Tom’s Main Street Ice Cream where they serve ice cream from Southern Craft Creamery. If you haven’t tried it, please do. All the flavors are amazing!
- Thrifting – If you haven’t gone to a thrift store yet. You may find lots of cool and neat items. One of my favorites is cups! Glass cups that are for drinking cocktails, wines, and more! Here are a few you may find me often visiting Exodos Ministries Thrift Store, Waterfront Rescue Mission Thrift Store, and Goodwill.
- Timber Creek Distillery – It is always an amazing time! Free tastings and drinks on Saturday mornings with the purchase of an oven-baked pizza, many events throughout the week, and much more to come as they are developing and expanding!
- The Marquis Cinema 10 – I am a movie buff! I have always loved the movies, and if I am not at the AMC in Destin, you will find me here every now! Great clean theater with such lovely staff!
- Rollerworld – Time to take out those skates and start rolling! The days of being a teen and rolling throughout the rink are not over. Adult nights are on Thursday, and they play all the hits! Go out on a girl’s night out, date night, or drop off your kids on Friday’s teen night!