Destin, Fl, is one of my favorite places to be! Not just because this city has it all… But it’s absolutely the place to be from morning to night. Below, please review a few of my favorite places to Eat, Shop, Adventure through the sand, and much more. I hope this helps you explore the beauty of what my city has to offer. I hope you enjoy it, and please share with me your adventures, as I am always ready to explore new places!
- Henderson Beach State Park – My favorite place to Paddleboard and admire the ocean and the city views of Destin! This is also a great place to explore the Dunes and their natural habitat. FYI, There is a small admission fee.
- Crab Island – You don’t need to own a boat to get there. Many boat rentals and water taxis can take you to the famous Crab Island! 😎 Bring a case of beers and a snack, and enjoy the shallow waters!!!
- Urban Air Adventure Park – A Place to enjoy on rainy days. Even the adults can have fun with many activities for the whole family!
- Destin History and Fishing Museum – Learn about the history of this old small-town fishing village before it became today’s hottest Vacation Spot!
- Harborwalk Village – Take a stroll. There are many restaurants here to choose from, as well as Rock climbing, Ziplining, and concerts at night.
- Sunset Cruise – Many boats do the same! One of my favorites is SunQuest Cruises. They offer packages for anniversaries, and best of all, you can see the fireworks every Thursday evening from Memorial day to Labor day! This is the place to go for a romantic night out!
- Jackacudas – My favorite restaurant in Destin, Please try out “Kami Ka Zee Roll” and order an “I Don’t Remember Destin” cocktail with extra filthy cherries on the side.
- McGuire’s Irish Pub – Famous for its food and all the dollar bills they have everywhere! Try their Steak and an Irish Wake!
- Destin Commons – Such a beautiful shopping plaza and my favorite AMC Movie, Theather. I am such a movie buff!
- Harborwalk Village – There are many restaurants and stores as well, selling it all to you such as souvenirs and clothing. The Village has it all!
- Silver Sands Premium Outlets – My favorite stores are Nike and the Banana Republic. But shop your heart away at the many stores located there.
- Red Door Saloon – Beer, Beer, and More Beer. This Bar turns into a chill hangout zone during the day and a party spot at night. Try the Guava or Pineapple Ciders! Then go bar hopping down to AJs to end the night!
- Aj’s – Restaurant during the day. At night it’s party central. Live bands each weekend night and beautiful views of the boat docks and harbor!
- Bric à Brac – Restaurant during the day. Spanish Night Club at night. Friday Nights is for those two who love to dance Salsa and Bachata. Saturday Nights get very busy as it’s reggaeton night! You may see me here on the weekend now and then!
Other Helpful Info
- Beach Flags + Safety in Destin-Fort Walton Beach – Knowing these simple beach rules and flag warning systems is essential before your day on the sugar-white sand.