Fort Walton Beach
Welcome to Fort Walton Beach! Fort Walton is in the center of so much! With Two Military Bases within 10 miles of one another, this area is populated by Military families, contractors, and other essential workers that keep this city running! The US Military is deeply routed in this city. My favorite part is seeing all the gunships and fighter jets in the sky. Plans have always fascinated me; seeing them up in the air throughout the day and at the beaches is a neat experience!
- Air Force Armament Museum – Come Learn the history of Eglin Air Force Base and take a tour of the manly plans that have flown throughout the years! *** Free Admissions!
- The Ratchet Hatchet – Nothing like blowing off steam and throwing some Axes. As scary as it may sound. It’s pretty fun!
- Painting with a Twist – A nice cup of fine wine and trying to paint a bird, a tree, or the sunset with no artistic skills. That’s me, at least. Hopefully, you were blessed with some painting skills.
- ADSO – You will find me here on Monday evening doing some thrown pottery! They have an open studio for painting, pottery, and even kids’ classes!
- Downtown FWB – Many restaurants are within the two blocks that make up Downtown Fort Walton Beach. Try The Cowhead, Taste Tapas & Wine Bar, Ali’s Bistro, and much more!
- Parlor Doughnuts – These doughnuts are to die for…, and I mean it. Try the Raspberry Jelly Filled, French Toast, and Sandy Beach! (Please bring me back one 😋)
- Domo Café – Ohh, How much I love Asian food! Please try the sushi rolls. They are all amazing. My favorite is the cooked salmon roll with a bottle of plum sake!
- Wat Mongkolratanaram Buddhist Temple – Sunday Food Market! Try amazing foods and have a wonderful time exploring this wonderful temple!
- Stewby’s – Florida’s freshest seafood! Serving the local catch of the day and fresh catfish from the local rivers! Try the fish of the day dinner with some fried okra!
- Dennis & Company – I love sporting local businesses! This clothing company provides a business casual and Contemporary clothing for Men and women! They have so many brands, such as my favorite shoes ON.
- Bluebird Boutique – Here is another small boutique! I have a few friends who love to shop here! Also, they have the best small gifts!
- Salty Scents – Who doesn’t love Candles!! Please visit my favorite Florida-inspired scents. Take one back home with you to remember your time here on the Emerald Coast (My Favorite scent!)
- Bote – My one-stop shop for hard and inflatable paddle boards! This local brand started here in Destin, Florida, back in 2008. This is also the same company to which I brought my HD Inflatable Aero Board!
- Downtown FWB has all the hottest bars, pubs, and nightlife entertainment. Serving local and craft beers, visit the Salty Duck. Many more bars within a few blocks within two blocks!
- KC’s Sandbar – They not only cook up amazing burgers. But they know how to serve live entertainment as you dip your toes into the sand with a beer in your hand! Enjoy!
- Coaster’s – Pool Tables, Live Music, Hand Crafted drinks at the bar! Great Old Fashions and much more!
- The Block – Karaoke, country dancing, hip hop, bingo, and Midget fighting. This club has special events with special guests and performs multiple times a month.
Other Helpful Info
- Beach Flags + Safety in Destin-Fort Walton Beach – Knowing these simple beach rules and flag warning systems is essential before your day on the sugar-white sand.