Niceville, FL is a truly beautiful city located here in the panhandle. I would say the area is mainly known for the beauty of the nature trails of turkey Creek and Rocky Bayou state park and the water views at Boggy Bayou and Choctawhatchee Bay. I highly would recommend watching the sunset and spotting the dolphins as they travel back to the ocean! Below you will find the list of my favorites here in Niceville!
- Turkey Creek Nature Trail is an adventure! With 20 acres of land, you can walk there on elevated trails, sit in a few of the viewing areas, and jump into the water of their swimming platforms & a picnic pavilion at the main entrance! Many people usually relax during the hotter months with a beer in their hand and on a tube floating down the river!
- Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park is a wonderful nature reserve in the area! Pass by for a wonderful hike through their trails, bird watching, and maybe see a few dolphins in the early morning and evenings. This is one of my favorite locations to sit, relax, and enjoy nature!
- Mattie Kelly Arts Center Theater is a wonderful performing arts theater with many shows consisting of Broadway shows, opera, dance, and much more.
- Golfing at Eglin Golf Course and Rocky Bayou Country Club – Both are great locations, as there are many more golf clubs in the local cities nearby!
- Heritage Museum of Northwest Florida – If you have some time, pass by the local museum where you can learn about the local area’s heritage and history! Many cool findings are located inside!
- Pounders Hawaiian Grill is one of my favorite locations to visit when craving Hawaiian food. I like to order the Pounders meal with Steak, Chicken, and Kalua Pig, with 2 scoops of rice and 3 macaroni salads! This is my usual meal, and there is left over for tomorrow or later that night!
- TradeWinds Italian Restaurant – This restaurant is an absolute hidden gem! Best kept secret Niceville has to offer, so don’t tell anyone I told you. 🤫 Freshest pasta dishes you can order. My favorite is always something with a garlic sauce, citrus-flavored, and seared fish. Ask for their daily specials, as they only serve you what’s in season and offer locally sourced ingredients.
- Basil & Baxter’s is my go-to brunch spot. Everything is beyond delicious. The Goat is my favorite breakfast item as it has homemade biscuits, fried chicken, caramelized onions, bacon jam, and more.
- The Boathouse Landing is a waterfront restaurant with live music on the weekends. Great place for celebrating a birthday, graduation, or anniversary.
- Doc’s Oyster Bar – If you are a seafood lover, just like me. Make a stop here and order yourself a basket of filet fish, Hushpuppies, and slaw!
- Artful Things Niceville is one of a few local galleries where you can purchase and admire local artisan crafts, paintings, and more.
- Cottonwood Company – Live. Inspire, Create. This Homedecor store is just the best! So many cute decorations for your home can be found here. Many of my purchases come from here, fitting with my craftsman-style home.
- East of Eden Thrift/Estate Liquidators – Who doesn’t love to go thrifting?! This is one of many thrift stores that I shop at, mainly for cups! I love the antique styles, colors, and patterns of cups to pour my cocktail creations in.
- 3rd Planet Brewing – Come visit the “Mother Ship” located here in Niceville! Many events occur daily, such as music bingo, Trivial Night, concerts, and more. Also, check out their food truck calendar, as there is always someone new here serving great meals!
- The Cellar – Speakeasy – True old fashion speakeasy. Click on the website here and click on the orange Button “The Cellar” for a great time and a secretive night out for top-notch cocktails. Enjoy! 🥂
- Toast Wine Bar – This is a lovely wine bar with many options to choose from. You have it all here, Flights, wine on Tap, and much more. Keep an eye out for local events and ladies’ night out!