Among the Emerald Coast, Okaloosa Island has one of the most beautiful beaches. Okaloosa is known for its white sand beaches, emerald-collared green waters, and many attractions for the whole family.
- John Beasly Park – This park is one of the best places to sit down and relax at the beach or explore the waters with scuba/snorkeling gear. The city has created artificial reefs, and there is much to see!
- Gulfarium – One of my favorite places to explore and see the many animals in this aquarium. There is also a dolphin performing theater and many interactive exhibits to explore. There is also C.A.R.E.ING For Turtles which is after hours, and you may learn more about sea turtles and even get to meet a few!
- Gulfarium CARE Center – Check out their Facebook constantly. Hit the follow button because, throughout the year, there are a ton of sea turtle releases. Seeing the turtles under their care during rehabilitation due to injuries from fishing lines and hooks being released back into the wild, “Their Home!” is very exciting. Wave goodbye and enjoy the beach afterward!
- Crab Island – You don’t need to own a boat to get there. Many boat rentals and water taxis can take you to the famous Crab Island! 😎 Bring a case of beers and a snack, and enjoy the shallow waters!!!
- The Boardwalk – Many restaurants are here! Enjoy foods from Rockin Tacos, Aj’s, The Crab Trap, and Flyods Shrimp House!
- The Gulf – One of my favorite places to stop and eat. Especially after coming back from Crab Island! Great views of the sunset and amazing drinks! Try the Fried Grouper Sandwich and a Coconut Mojito (Not on the menu, but it’s amazing)!
- FUBAR – Cheap Eats! They have all of your bar snacks and drinks as well! Try the buffalo chicken pizza and a fish bowl to start your night! Weekends with Live Music!
- The Boardwalk – Not only is food here, but you may visit the local shops and explore the items they carry to bring back home! You can also find shark teeth!